Friday night was the annual Elementary
track meet between all 4 Picayune elementary
schools. We've been preparing since we returned
from Christmas break and the kids had really worked
hard. I felt a bit more pressure this year as we
were the returning champs, to prove that it was not
a fluke. Not only did we defend our title and once again
took the Overall Championship, but we also took home
5 of the 8 Age Division Championships ! It was a great
night and I'm so proud of my 98 kids!
This pic was taken after awards with the die-hards
that stayed till the bitter end. It was pretty late
and I knew most parents would not be able to stay.
I was glad to have this many there.
Emily after her 2nd place finish in the
400 meter. Just a little tired but she
ran it great, nice pace(although she was dead
last) then cranked it out in the straight a way
to finish 2nd.
Me and Josh, one of my star runners.
He's in 4th grade and is incredibly fast.
Gives a 1st place finish everytime.
Laura Ann took 1st. Lauryn finished 5th but I must say
I was thrilled that she finished. She was thrown in that
night due to an illness of the girl who was supposed to
run. So, without practice in the distance, she did
pretty good just to finish it.
No comments:
Post a Comment